What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a key component of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture is a type of traditional Chinese medicine in which small needles are inserted into the skin at certain places on the body. Acupuncture is founded on the notion of Qi (pronounced “chee”), which is thought to be vital energy that runs through the body via routes known as meridians. Acupuncturists believe that when Qi is blocked or disrupted, it can lead to illness or pain. Acupuncturists try to restore the flow of Qi and promote healing through inserting needles into precise spots along the meridians.
Acupuncture is often used as a complementary therapy alongside conventional medicine, although some people use acupuncture as a primary form of treatment.
Flat-Head Needle Precision Acupuncture
Our acupuncture clinics in Toronto and Mississauga are the first in Canada to provide Flat-Head Needle Precision Acupuncture.
The flat-headed acupuncture needle technique can be more effective than a normal needle in addressing several common ailments, particularly those involving the fascia system.
A flat-headed needle can successfully address the issue and relieve symptoms in one or two sessions when a particularly skilled acupuncturist judges that excess tension or pressure in the fascia system is producing symptoms such as discomfort, anxiety, insomnia, and so on.
Conditions Treated by Acupuncture
Acupuncture can help with a variety of conditions. These include:
- Anxiety: Acupuncture treats anxiety by helping to regulate the nervous system and hormones, release endorphins and improve mind-body communication.
- Chronic pain: Acupuncture helps to relieve chronic pain by modulating pain signals, reducing inflammation, relaxing muscles and improving mind-body communication.
- Skin issues: Acupuncture can lead to better skin since it improves circulation, reduces stress, balances internal systems and can help to promote collagen production.
- Infertility: Acupuncture can increase fertility by regulating hormones, improving blood flow, and modulating the immune system. Acupuncture can be used in conjunction with IVF treatments.
- Insomnia: Acupuncture can help with insomnia by regulating the nervous system and hormones, reducing stress and muscle pains, and improving the flow of qi throughout the body.
Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture stimulates the nerves and nervous system by increasing blood and oxygen circulation. Regular acupuncture treatments with a licensed practitioner can lead to:
- Decreased inflammation and pain
- Enhanced digestion
- Reduced stress and improved mood
- Increased circulation
- Invigorated immunity
- Balanced hormone regulation
Acupuncture at Best of Chinese Medicine
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality acupuncture treatments for our patients. Call us today for expert service and experience.